11/07/2015

Voice of Reason




Hey you, yes you. Don't look back, I'm talking to you.
When was the last time you spoke to that your brother, your sister? When?
Oh, so you had a misunderstanding? And so? He/she didn't apologize? And so?
Because of that you blocked him/her? Are you serious at all?

Do you not know that blood is thicker than water?
Will you stop giving me excuses? What are you high on?
Who have you been listening to?
Wait; let me ask you this question: have you started using powder?
Not talcum powder o, I mean powder like... Yes!!!! You got it, have you?

Another one; do you sniff? Not like when u have cold o,
I mean sniff emm, emm... You are sharp, you got it.
And you don't hug green bottle? You don't.
 Ok so what's making you swell like puff puff?
Or abi na bread Agege wey fall inside water?

Why are your shoulders high when you didn't use shoulder pad?
Arghhhhhhhhh!!!! I know!!!! “Igberaga ti wo e lewu fa”!!!
You are "prouding"!!!!! Hmmmmm. I pity you.
If he/she dies now you wee start crying abi?
What shall we call such tears? “Ekun eke”.

Crocodile tears. You wee start rolling all over the floor
Shouting and screaming like a demented demon.
Oh, did you just say you will not cry? You won't miss him/her?
Oh, you have no conscience? Was that how daddy raised you?
Was that what mummy taught you? See, “o tin gbo ohun awon aiye”.

What killed your conscience? What seared your heart?
What turned you into a machine? And you pray daily right?
Oh, you are even a worker in church? Arghhhhhhhhh!!!! Lo ba tan o.
Ok, recite the Lord's Prayer let me hear. Ok, ok, yes, continue.
Oya stop there; repeat that part again.... 
Can you see that as much as that part is a prayer it can be a curse too?

Hmmmmm, na you de do yourself, no one de do you.
“Kokoro tin je efo e, ara efo e lo wa”.
I pray you won't destroy yourself with needless hate.
For what? Over what?  Me I've said my own.
Feel free to stop talking to me but I know my words will ring in your ears endlessly.
The ball is in your court. Selah.

Boanerges....Son of Thunder

No comments:

Post a Comment